The Maasai Mara is one of the most famous wildlife reserves in Africa, located in southwestern Kenya. Some of the highlights of the Maasai Mara include:
- The Great Migration: This is one of the most spectacular wildlife events in the world, where millions of wildebeest, zebras, and gazelles migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to the Maasai Mara between July and October in search of food and water.
- The Big Five: The Maasai Mara is home to the Big Five game animals: lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo, and rhinoceroses. Visitors can go on game drives to see these magnificent creatures up close.
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris: A popular way to experience the Maasai Mara is to take a hot air balloon ride at dawn, where you can see the wildlife from above as the sun rises.
- Maasai Culture: The Maasai people are indigenous to the region and are known for their distinctive dress, jewelry, and customs. Visitors can learn about their traditions and way of life by visiting a Maasai village.
- Bird Watching: The Maasai Mara is also a birdwatcher’s paradise, with over 500 bird species recorded in the reserve.
- The Mara River: The Mara River runs through the reserve and is home to large populations of hippos and crocodiles. Visitors can watch as wildebeest and other animals brave the river during the Great Migration.
- Balloon Safaris: A unique way to experience the Maasai Mara is by taking a hot air balloon safari over the reserve, offering a breathtaking view of the landscape and wildlife.
Overall, the Maasai Mara is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in wildlife, nature, and African culture.
Day 1: Nairobi to Maasai Mara
Depart Nairobi and drive along the floor of the scenic Great Rift Valley. Arrive in Maasai Mara In time for lunch and check into the Basic budget or luxurious lodges fitted with beds and en suite bathroom. In the evening have a fantastic game drive in this world’s most famous destination. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 2: Maasai Mara Game Drive
After breakfast, spend the whole day game tracking in this vast Park that has a high concentration of wildlife. Hot air balloon safari can be arranged at an extra cost to provide more coverage and scenic viewing. To maximize this adventurous trip a bush dinner can also be arranged at an extra cost. Dinner and overnight at your lodge.
DAY 3: TIME TO SAY GOODBYE
Take a pre-breakfast Game drive that will provide a chance to capture scenarios of larger carnivores hunting early in the morning then return to the lodge for a full breakfast. To maximize Maasai Mara experience a visit to Maasai village can be arranged at an extra cost. Depart the lodge with a game drive en route hence traveling back to Nairobi.
Fill in the Booking Form