8 DAYS ABERDARES ITINERARY
This itinerary offers a combination of wildlife viewing, cultural experiences, and stunning scenery. It is ideal for those who want to explore Kenya’s wildlife reserves and get a glimpse of the local culture.
Aberdare National Park is a beautiful mountainous wildlife reserve located in central Kenya. Some of the highlights of Aberdare include:
- Scenic Landscapes: Aberdare National Park is located in the Aberdare Range, which is part of the eastern branch of the East African Rift System. It is characterized by beautiful mountain ranges, waterfalls, rivers, and valleys, providing stunning views for visitors.
- Wildlife Viewing: Aberdare National Park is home to a variety of wildlife, including elephants, buffalos, rhinos, leopards, and hyenas. Visitors can also spot smaller animals such as bushbucks, bush pigs, and duikers. Aberdare is also known for its diverse bird species, including the Aberdare cisticola, Jackson’s francolin, and the crowned eagle.
- The Ark: The Ark is a unique lodge located in the heart of Aberdare National Park, overlooking a floodlit waterhole and salt lick. It offers visitors an opportunity to watch wildlife from the comfort of their rooms, as animals come to drink at the waterhole.
- Trekking and Hiking: Aberdare National Park offers several trails for trekking and hiking, providing an opportunity to explore the park’s scenic landscapes and encounter wildlife. Some of the popular trails include the Karuru Falls Trail, Elephant Hills Trail, and the Chania Falls Trail.
- Cultural Experiences: Visitors can learn about the culture and traditions of the local communities living near Aberdare, including the Kikuyu and Maasai people. Visitors can also witness traditional dances, taste local cuisine, and shop for unique handicrafts.
- Fishing: Aberdare National Park is home to several rivers and waterfalls, providing an excellent opportunity for fishing enthusiasts to try their luck at trout fishing.
- Photography: Aberdare National Park offers stunning photography opportunities, with its scenic landscapes, diverse wildlife, and unique lodges such as The Ark.
- Treetops Lodge: Treetops Lodge is a unique accommodation option located in the heart of Aberdare National Park. It offers visitors an opportunity to view wildlife from the comfort of their rooms, as animals come to drink at the nearby waterhole.
Aberdare National Park is an ideal destination for nature lovers, adventure seekers, and anyone seeking a peaceful escape from the city.
Day 1: Nairobi/Aberdares
Pick up from your Nairobi hotel or Airport in the morning and depart Nairobi to Aberdares a 4 Hrs drive arriving with a short en-route game at The Ark hotel in Nyeri. After lunch Afternoon you will be transferred to The Ark lodge, The Ark has four viewing decks with balconies and lounges to provide superb game viewing from the comfort of the lodge. The animals come to you. Later dinner and overnight at The Ark hotel.
DAY 2: Aberdares / Samburu
Early breakfast at your lodge, short game en route, and Leave Aberdares for Samburu a 4 Hrs drive and you will have a stop at the Equator line at Nanyuki town near Mt. Kenya. You will arrive in Samburu with a short game drive proceeding to your camp for lunch and checking in at Ashnil Samburu camp to relax. Afternoon game drives across the park which is unique resident wildlife species like the Reticulated Giraffe, Gravy’s Zebra, Beisa Oryx, and the Blue legged Somali Ostrich. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Samburu camp.
DAY 3: Samburu
Early morning game drive return back to camp for breakfast. After breakfast Full day spend in the park with packed lunch in search of its popular residents. Meals and overnight at Ashnil Samburu camp.
DAY 4: Samburu – Sweet Water
Early morning breakfast game en-route leave Samburu for Sweet water a 3 Hrs drive arriving with a game drive in time for lunch and check in at Sweet waters Luxury Tented Camp, Sweetwater’s is the only sanctuary for rehabilitation in Kenya of these widely abused chimpanzees with two groups living in an environment as close to their natural habitat as possible. The site is also a dedicated black rhino breeding area. Afternoon game drives across the Park. Later return for Dinner and overnight at Sweet waters Luxury Tented Camp.
DAY 5: Sweet Water – Lake Nakuru.
Early morning breakfast game en-route leave Sweet Water for Lake Nakuru a 5 Hrs drive and you will pass through the Great Rift Valley escarpment, arriving in time for lunch and check-in at Sarova lion hill Lodge. The afternoon game drive across Pink Lake is often referred to due to its Great masses of Flamingos not forgetting the famous white Rhino and black rhino found in this park. Dinner and overnight at Sarova lion hill Lodge.
DAY 6: Lake Nakuru /Maasai Mara.
Early morning breakfast. After breakfast leave Lake Nakuru for Masai Mara a 5 Hrs drive and you will pass through Narok town Masai’s famous town. You will arrive in time for lunch. Check-in at Ashnil Mara camp or Sarova Mara game Camp and have lunch. Afternoon game drives through the park in search of the Lion, Cheetah, Elephant, and Buffalo. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Mara camp or Sarova Mara game Camp.
: Maasai Mara National Reserve: Early morning game drive returns back to camp for breakfast. After breakfast Full day spend in the park with packed lunch in search of its popular residents like the well-known predators and their opponents like the Zebra, Wildebeest, Giraffe, Hippo, and dangerous Crocodiles with a visit to Mara river. Meals and overnight at Ashnil Mara camp or Sarova Mara game Camp.
: Masai Mara /Nairobi.Early Morning breakfast at your camp or lodge check out of the camp and park and Drive to Nairobi a 5 Hrs drive arriving in time for lunch. Afterward, drop off at your respective hotel or Airport around.
Fill in the Booking Form
Click here to change this text