Masai Mara is one of the most famous wildlife reserves in the world, located in southwestern Kenya, and home to a wide range of animals and natural wonders. Some of the highlights of Masai Mara include:
- The Great Migration: Witnessing the annual migration of millions of wildebeest, zebras, and other animals is undoubtedly the most remarkable experience in Masai Mara. The migration is considered one of the seven natural wonders of the world, as it involves a breathtaking spectacle of animals crossing the Mara River while predators, such as crocodiles, wait for their chance to strike.
- The Big Five: Masai Mara is home to the big five game animals, which are the lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo. These animals are among the most sought-after sightings on safari and can be spotted in Masai Mara.
- Hot Air Balloon Safari: A hot air balloon safari is an unforgettable way to see Masai Mara from a different perspective. It offers a bird’s eye view of the reserve and the wildlife, and a unique opportunity to capture stunning photographs.
- Maasai Culture: The Maasai people are the most prominent ethnic group in the area surrounding Masai Mara. They are known for their unique customs, colorful clothing, and intricate beadwork. A visit to a Maasai village offers insight into their culture, and visitors can learn about their way of life.
- The Mara River: The Mara River is an essential part of the ecosystem in Masai Mara. It is where the great migration takes place, and it is also home to a variety of aquatic animals, including hippos and crocodiles.
- Game Drives: Game drives are the most popular way to explore Masai Mara. They offer a chance to see a variety of animals and experience the reserve’s vastness. Game drives can be done during the day or at night, and visitors can choose between a self-drive or a guided tour.
- Balloon Safaris: Balloon safaris provide a unique and exhilarating way to see the Masai Mara from above. Visitors can experience the reserve’s vastness and witness the stunning landscapes and wildlife from a bird’s eye view.
- Bird Watching: Masai Mara is home to over 500 bird species, making it an ideal destination for bird watchers. Visitors can spot a variety of birds, including vultures, eagles, ostriches, and flamingos.
- Scenic Views: Masai Mara is characterized by vast savannas, rolling hills, and scenic landscapes that provide excellent photo opportunities. Visitors can enjoy stunning views of the reserve from various viewpoints, including hills and lookout points.
- Hot Air Balloon Safaris: Hot air balloon safaris provide a unique and exhilarating way to see the Masai Mara from above. Visitors can experience the reserve’s vastness and witness the stunning landscapes and wildlife from a bird’s eye view.
Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi
You will arrive in Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya, where you will be met by your tour guide who will take you to your hotel for check-in. You can spend the day relaxing and acclimatizing to your new surroundings.
DAY 2: Nairobi to Maasai Mara
After breakfast, you will embark on a scenic drive to the Maasai Mara National Reserve, one of the most popular safari destinations in Africa. Upon arrival, you will check in to your lodge or camp and enjoy lunch. In the afternoon, you will head out on your first game drive in the reserve, where you will have the chance to spot lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, and other wildlife.
DAY 3-5: Maasai Mara TIME TO SAY GOODBYE
You will have three full days to explore the Maasai Mara National Reserve. Your days will be spent on morning and afternoon game drives, where you will have the opportunity to see a variety of wildlife in their natural habitat. You will also have the option to take a hot air balloon ride over the Mara at sunrise, which offers stunning views of the landscape and wildlife from above.
: Maasai Mara to Nairobi After breakfast, you will depart the Maasai Mara and make your way back to Nairobi. Along the way, you can stop at a Maasai village to learn about their culture and way of life. You will arrive in Nairobi in the late afternoon, where you will have the evening to relax or explore the city.
Departure After breakfast, you will check out of your hotel and be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. This itinerary can be customized to fit your preferences and interests. We can also arrange additional activities, such as guided nature walks, bird watching, and cultural experiences, to enhance your safari experience.
Fill in the Booking Form